Friday, June 8, 2012

Cubox [Part 3]: + Asterisk 1.8 .. fully operational

As mentioned I rebuilt the Cubox with Debian 'squeeze' and got mpd running (see previous post). The bigger hurdle for me was to get Asterisk running and complete migration of an old Centos / Trixbox set-up .. Centos was just too awkward for me.


Failing

I began fooling around trying to migrate the config from the Trixbox server to the default Asterisk config files that came installed via apt-get on squeeze. Whilst both were 1.6 I realised the Trixbox ones were quite modified in set-up by use of freepbx gui to configure them. I got to the point where I was coping over the php agi scripts to find they weren't php5 compliant ... OK this isn't going to work cleanly .. back it up.

Thinking about it:
I'm actually pretty happy with freepbx I just don't want the Centos that Trixbox comes with
My Asterisk config is actually pretty simple
  1. 1 x IAX2 trunk 
  2. 1 x SIP trunk 
  3. 1 x out-/in-bound routes 
  4. 1 x Ring Group (ring all extensions .. in NO ANSWER hand over to VM IVR) 
  5. 1 x VM IVR (leave message for whom?) 
  6. 3 x Extensions (2000 - Dect phone, 2001 - Me, 2002 - Mrs and more to follow I'm sure) 
.. so decided to change tack.

Succeeding

So I grabbed freepbx-2.10.0 [2] and ran the install/upgrade mentioned here. It quickly became apparent however that I'd made a mess of /etc/asterisk/*.conf files so time to re-install .. decided that there's no better time to move on up to 1.8 (1.8.13.0) given the relatively painless build process described here and elsewhere.

From there it's follow your nose:
  • Configure, make, make install, etc Asterisk 1.8 
  • Re-run the freepbx-2.10.0 install/upgrade 
  • Work through old set-up and manually re-enter asterisk config (as above - not many changes really). There are new config options - I just left them as default and applied those I needed. The freepbx UI hadn't changed that much so fairly easy to copy past large chunks. 
  • Stop the old asterisk and start up the new one (tweaking IPs on my Linksys PAP2T also) 
  • Test and Tweak - some settings needed changing to get things playing nicely 
    • mysql CDR fooling as described here
    • check your /etc/hosts file for 127.0.0.1 localhost and 127.0.1.1 cubox, etc in case Asterisk is not listening on 5060 properly (I condensed all and removed 127.0.1.1) 
So working well no issues though will check on log levels for SD write levels (maybe move /var/log onto a USB drive - the cubox is also running as a mpd server). Time to power down the noise mini ATX box sitting on it's own now.

No comments:

Post a Comment